Programme Manager - Waste Records Programme
Share this role
- Radioactive Waste Management
- Harwell preferred (with Flexible and Agile Working Policy expectation of 2 days a week)
- Competitive Salary
- Closing date:
- 13th September
- Job Ref:
RWM has been established with a single mission – to deliver a UK Geological Disposal Facility (GDF) for disposing of the UK’s inventory of radioactive waste. The GDF Programme is a major and long-term infrastructure programme, on the Government Major Projects Portfolio (GMPP) list, with a Whole Life Cost of up to £50Bn.
As the Waste Records Programme Manager, you will be responsible for establishing, implementing and coordinating the waste records programme at a strategic and tactical level; ensuring all waste management practices are documented and comply with legislative and regulatory requirements. You will use innovative methods to design and orchestrate a suite of project and programme management procedures which will help identify and proactively manage key risks and dependencies to ensure the successful delivery of the waste records programme. Reporting directly to the Waste Management Director, you represent the WRP across NDA programmes and be responsible for navigating authoritative engagement with other RWM directorates and forums. These are exciting times for the organisation as we embark on a substantial programme of transformational change operationally and structurally; through the successful planning phase of this programme, we are now seeing year on year growth and a real sense of anticipation as the programme moves forwards into the next phase of delivery.
To succeed in this highly challenging role you must evidence a track record of extensive project, programme and portfolio management gained within a highly regulated environment - with safety being your highest priority. You must be an excellent communicator in verbal and written forms as this role requires you to collaborate, influence and communicate complex messages to a wide range of audiences across the organisation and wider NDA estate. You will combine a strategic mindset with first class programme leadership skills, introducing fresh-thinking and best practice to support the delivery of this crucial programme.
How to apply
To apply for this post, you will need to submit the following documentation by no later than Midnight Monday 13 September 2021:
- A CV (no longer than two pages) setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements;
- A statement of suitability (no longer than two pages) explaining how your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the essential criteria set out in the person specification;
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form, this form will appear online during the application process. All monitoring data will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not affect your application in any way.
Please note the above highlighted documents are mandatory.
This is an exciting time and opportunity to join an organisation delivering a key national infrastructure project. To find out more or for a confidential conversation, please contact Michael Dobson on 07891 142325, Emma Law on 07384 818170 or Kate Merson on 020 7426 3376.